Additional Instructions for Patients
MAKE SURE YOUR PATIENT KNOWS:
VELTASSA can be taken with or without food.
- DO adhere to recommended diet
- DO mix VELTASSA with water, juice, or soft food in separate steps to avoid clumping
- DO NOT take other oral drugs less than 3 hours before or after taking VELTASSA to avoid possible interaction
- DO NOT heat VELTASSA or add to heated foods or liquids
- DO NOT mix VELTASSA in a blender
- DO NOT take in dry form
Help your patients remember their once-daily treatment—suggest they create a refill plan, set calendar reminders, or ask a loved one to remind them.
ITEMS YOUR PATIENTS WILL NEED TO TAKE VELTASSA:
1/3 CUP OF WATER
Juice and soft foods, such as applesauce, yogurt, and pudding, can be used instead of water to prepare the mixture.